We believe . . .
We believe that all children are naturally creative and that every classroom should be filled with creativity and wonder.
We want to see teachers unleash the
creative potential in all of their students so that kids can be makers, designers, artists, and engineers.
We know that school can be busy. Materials can be scarce. The creative process can seem confusing, especially when you have a tight curriculum map. So creativity becomes a side project, an enrichment activity you get to when you have time for it. But the thing is, there’s never enough time.
We can do better.
We believe that creative thinking is as vital as math or reading or writing.
There’s power in problem-solving and experimenting and taking things from questions to ideas to authentic products that you launch to the world.
Something happens in students when they define themselves as makers and inventors and creators.
That’s the power of design thinking. It provides a flexible framework for creative work. It’s used in engineering, publishing, business, the humanities, in non-profit and community work. And yes, it can be used in education! You can use it in every subject with every age group.
We believe all students deserve the opportunity to be their best creative selves, both in and out of school. We believe all kids are unique, authentic, and destined to be original.
Most importantly, we believe this is not an all-encompassing solution, but a start. We believe our role is to empower kids to make an impact on the world around them and fully believe in themselves.
We believe that you have the power to inspire kids and create a ripple effect that lasts for years to come.
Still curious about design thinking? Here are a few more resources:
- Download the FREE Design Thinking Toolkit. It includes the comprehensive Getting Started with Design Thinking eBook and the set of free Maker Projects (that utilize the entire LAUNCH Cycle)
- Visit the Design Thinking for Educators page to get an overview of the process and access free resources, articles, and videos
- Check out these maker projects based upon the LAUNCH Cycle. You can get the five pack for $50 and save $20 off the original price.
- Explore the book Launch: Using Design Thinking to Boost Creativity and Bring Out the Maker in Every Student
- Take a look at these 50 Recommended Books on Creativity
- Book me to lead keynotes, sessions, or workshops on design thinking and creativity. Contact me at email@example.com
Get Your FREE Design Thinking Toolkit and Maker Project
Curious about design thinking? This toolkit provides a set of free, out-of-the-box resources you can use from day one. Simply fill out the form on the left and the entire toolkit will be sent to your inbox. You’ll also be enrolled in the Creative Classroom newsletter. The toolkit includes:
1. Getting Started with Design Thinking: a comprehensive eBook explaining the LAUNCH Cycle
2. The LAUNCH Cycle Video
3. A free maker project that you can adapt to your K-12 classroom
4. The Creative Classroom Assessment toolbox, complete with nine assessments you can integrate into a design thinking project