I believe that every person is creative and that schools should be bastions of creativity and wonder. It’s why we painted murals and made documentaries my first few years. It’s why I enjoyed the Create a Product and Make a Video Game project that my students created when I taught middle school. It’s also why I co-created Write About, a student-centered blogging platform and co-wrote Wendell the World’s Worst Wizard. So, here are some of my ideas and resources on creativity and design thinking.
Blog Posts on Creativity and Assessment
- Five Ways to Get the Most Out of Student Portfolios
- How Do We Improve Feedback?
- Ten Creative Alternatives to Standardized Tests
- The 20-Minute Peer Feedback System
- How I Learned to Embrace Critical Feedback
- Nine Ways to Help Students Embrace the Revision Process
- Want Creative Classrooms? Scrap the Tests.
- Five Tips for Student Portfolios
- What Happens to Student Engagement When You Take Away Grades?
- The Power of Student Conferencing